Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday dear Mo-om...

Yesterday was Mom's 29th (plus a few) birthday! Woohoo Mom! We had lots of fun eating dinner at this great Chinese restaurant- Mandarin. (Ellie, we ordered the General Tsao's Chicken. It was really good! Thanks for the tip.) Here are some pictures of us waiting and being protected the dragon and pheonix (?).

Happy Birthday mom!
And here is what mom's eyelids look like. ;)
She opened presents at our table. This was mine, and I disguised what it was by taping an empty box to the top before wrapping it. It was a book she'd had her eye on.

But the best was dad's present. I forgot to take a picture as she opened it, but it's okay, because her shock lasted long enough to capture it on camera.

Dad got her a pearl necklace. (Way to go dad!)
Mom was in total shock for the rest of the night.

Eventually, we figured out how to work the clasp.
Mom couldn't go 10 minutes without trying to see her reflection in the window. She has also decided she needs to get 3 new dresses to go with it. I say do it!

Mom told dad in her moment of shock and awe, "women really do like jewelry! Especially when least expected."
After dinner we went home and on the way we tried to rent Wall-e at every place possible, but it was all out, so we ended up just buying it. We watched it while eating mom's yummy cookie cake. I took the liberty of decorating it with the appropriate number of candles. Unfortunately we didn't have enough, so I improvised.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! We all love you so much! And you look fabulous in your new neckwear. :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I love your cookie cake, especially the creative addition. :) Give mom a hug and kiss for me!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday Sis. Maher!
Wow, your dad totally rocks!

Shirley said...

Oh, hafta add-the only time jewelry doesn't work as a cool surprise gift, is if you are given peirced earrings when you don't have peirced ears. yep, Chris totally did that the xmas before our wedding. It was a nice thought, though, kinda.

Katrina said...

Happ Birthday Sister Maher!!!

That is a pretty sweet surprise gift. :-D