Hi there! This would've been split up into several posts if I hadn't been a lazy blogger. oops! So here's the picture tour. :)
Melissa is all moved out! Yay! Good job Mel.
Here is our trunk for the Trunk-or-Treat. They picked Halloween day, so that's why it is light. Dad built a coffin and cut a hole in the top. Kidlets (and adults alike) had to reach in to get candy. Meanwhile dad is in the back and would reach out a glove on a stick to scare people reaching in.
I went as the grim reaper.

This was the set-up for Halloween night. Same basic idea as the trunk or treat, but I sat next to the coffin and kept really still. Once they got the courage to reach in, they'd get scared by mom using a duster to touch their hand. Then they'd gather around and that is when I would jump at them and scare them again. It was great! I tried not to scare the little kids (only a few cried- sorry!). But my favorites were the older kids who ran screaming down the driveway, or left without any candy. We scared more than one adult, too. One kid asked his mom if he could "skip that house?" She replied, "Yeah, skip it." It was the best Halloween yet!
Close-up.
At night, you could see the creepy eyes in my costume glowing.

We also got to celebrate Mel's graduation from college! Go Melissa (and friend Cindy)!!
Among other friends and family, mom's brothers came for dinner too. Gerald is on the left and Stirling is on the right. I can't see the resemblance, can you?

We have a "problem" refinery near our home and it keeps exploding. This time it shook our house enough to blow the insulation out of the eaves in the entry way.
And last, but not least, here's my pumpkins. Sorry this took so long Becky! :)

5 comments:
Wow Robin! I love all that you did for Halloween! I love the MST3K! That's awesome! !!!!!! I've got some major competition in Utah for carving pumpkins. :) And yeah for the graduates! You all rock! !!!!!! <---do I have enough !!!!'s? !!!!! :)
I love the Mystery three tousand show!! What an awesome pumbkin idea. And I got a kick out of halloween. I would have been the adult running and screaming. ha ha ha...
Thanks for the updates and especially all the pics!!! Your punkins looked AWESOME - here and in person. Loved them!
That refinery IS a problem... If you need any signatures for a petition to shut it down, I'm there for you!
PS - That grim reaper costume was uber-creepy... even in the day. I almost peed when you showed me. I might have skipped your house, too! Is it wrong that knowing older kids ran away without candy makes me giggle? Tee hee!
That's too bad that the problem refinery keeps blowing up. I'm glad it didn't do any worse damage to the house. I love your pumpkins and your ways of scaring people. I also love that we decided not to come trick or treat to your house. Eva would probably have cried, and I would probably have peed.
Remind me to never take my kids trick-or treating at your house.
Post a Comment