Friday, May 2, 2008

Surprise! Or maybe not.

Howdy all!
Yesterday was my birthday and it was fantastic! The night before was my birthday eve and it was a little interesting. My roommate was asking about when I would be home from work (unusual) and so I started to suspect something was up. I got home to see some birthday decorations up and one of my roommates home. I quickly banished myself to my room. I did not realize however that it would be another three hours before I would reemerge. I got a little hungry. But my roommates went all out and had a little surprise party for me with some friends over. We watched a movie (Mr. and Mrs. Smith), ate cake, and had lots of fun. There were only a few of us, but it was perfect!




Beka, Angie, and Kari (my fabulous roomies)


Dallin and Matt (some friends from the ward)


This is a better picture of Dallin (this is the guy I told my roommates I went to Vegas with).


They had very festive decorations :)

The next day (my actual birthday) I had breakfast with Nancy and Will-Yay!
Are you gonna be okay Will??

Make a wish!!

It was very fun! Then I proceeded to make a few mixed CDs from their music collection. We made 2 CDs...

...plus 6 others. :) I have now added 147 hand picked songs to my music collection. Woohoo! Now I just have to go thru Melissa's stuff. I'm really happy to have more fun tunes.

That night I went to dinner with Melissa and Hannah and totally loved it! She gave me the first to books in a series I LOVE (Stephenie Meyer's Twilight and New Moon).

Then I got to hand out with my roommate and listen to fun music (she had to hear all the stuff I got!). The funny thing is that I have no idea which songs are which because they come up as unknown artist on my computer. So we enjoy playing the guessing game about who or what we are listening to. She's way better at it than I am.


This is her reading in bed my headlamp-light. She is really proud of that purchase.

So I just want to say a little...

to everyone who did or said such nice things for me on my birthday- it was GREAT!!!

ps- this is one of my favorite little treasures I got from another friend in the ward (Dan):

Thanks Dan. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little card/note/Boy is SO cute! Happy Birthday!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your 147 songs. It was super fun making your CDs. Happy Birthday!

Ellie said...

Robin! Hope you had a great day. Call me to tell me which boy gave you a birthday kiss.

Ellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Unfortunately i got no boy kisses. But my dad is a boy and he and my mom gave me hugs and kisses. Sadly, that does not count.

Ellie said...

you can always just kiss them.

Melissa said...

I like the idea of sneak-attack kisses. And, since most boys like kisses - and you, it will probably go over well. Go for it! :)

Love you!