Thursday, May 22, 2008

She is risen...

What?... What is this? A whole website dedicated entirely to ME? How can this be? I must be under the influence of some sort of amnesia that causes me to neglect my readers!!!! Ah- being a superceleb is hard work.

JUST KIDDING! I'm not that conceited... I hope.

Wow- I even emailed myself a topic to post about because I didn't want to forget what it was but I also didn't want to post to frequently. Apparently I took my own prompting to slow the posts WAY to seriously. That email was sent... 3 weeks ago. How sad.

So I might as well tell you about it now! Nancy said that Blogapalooza people suggest you write about things you enjoy! Well, I enjoy playing minesweeper and solitaire on the computer. I'm not even joking. But I do promise that I did not spend the entire last three weeks playing these games. Still I will tell you all the saga of my love affair with Minesweeper and Solitaire.

During Freshman year I fell in love with these two wonderful games and would spend a lot of friendless time playing. (Maybe THAT's why I only have a few friends from that year!!!) I must say that my clicking time improved and my right index and middle fingers grew in strength and stature that year. I grew to have a slight addiction to these playmates, but I was a little biased on minesweeper. I only felt truly challenged by the expert level and now completely ignore beginner and intermediate. Unless of course I need a pick me up and play them to feel like a winner. In my first apartment my roommates could always tell when I was playing minesweeper because they could hear me clicking my mouse... very fast. And every so often, I would utter a frustrated "dang it!" I still enjoy this wonderful, and oh-so-productive pasttime and will now present one of my latest victories:


I know it is hard to see ( I had to take a picture of a screen shot on my computer), but I did win all 3. :) (Becky has the true boasting rights to this game really since she typically wins the expert on the first few tries... unlike me)

But this game can get tiring due to the low win:loss ratio. So I must challenge myself with Solitaire. The game itself is not the challenge, but I like to try and win it in under 60 seconds. A feat achieved several times. I will confess that I have it set on draw one with the auto right click thing. But still- it is challenging enough. To prove that I have accomplished such an outrageously awesome thing (I'm in the dork club too) I have taken a picture of a recent win here too:


I believe that this is the fastest I have ever won the game.

I fully accept my dorkhood award and embrace it with pride. Perhaps in another three weeks I will tell you what I did during the LAST three weeks I wasted playing these games... I mean... doing productive things 24/7 that will better mankind.

and then I found $5.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, you are so funny! Thank you for finally posting, I have been bored by the lack of posts from all the blogs I frequent. Glad to see you aren't dead! :-D

Nancy said...

You are soooooo cute! Did you enjoy the cookies last night? Sorry I totally fell asleep. Antihistamines and me don't mix well!

Ellie said...

The ending is the best.

Melissa said...

I shall call you The Dorkmeister...