Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Out of date updates

So I noticed that I've been slacking on updating the plane pictures. However, since Dad is still doing essentially the same thing I'll show what I've got anyway. He's checking all the wiring, and making several rennovations.

The first thing he's done is checked that all the connections on those blue strips are correct; that they match what his graphs show.

Unfortunately there have been several "oops" and he had to redo some connections. He also went back and redid his graphs on the computer.

More checking...

He finally got to the point that he could start flipping switches, but that has also been interesting. Sorry I don't have pictures of that yet. But dad says that not everything really works right. For example: he will get a bunch of stuff lit up and then the switch for the fuel pump or something turns all the lights off. Sooo... there is still more to do. I'll get pics when everything is working like it should. :)

In the mean time dad has been learning how to weld!

His first project was a welding table. We were really excited that he got 4 joints welded! And then they all fell apart except for one when he set it down. But since then he's gotten MUCH better. Go dad!

PS- he has replaced his old clip-ons, and now he keeps them in its original plastic packaging. And for some reason he won't let me hold them.

3 comments:

Mark R. Maher DDS said...

Nice post Robin! Good pictures and detail.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the pics and update. I had no idea Dad was welding now. Go Dad!

Not sure what the 'clip-ons' are, but no surprise that Dad prefers a "no touchy!" policy... :)

Melissa said...

oh... the clip-on glasses... I'm slow, but I got there. LOL