Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sorry for the tardiness!

Okay, okay- I know I'm way late on this, but Melissa has done a stellar job at getting the first post out. She has all the stats and covers the story of the day (so does Nancy's blog), so I'll just add the pictures I got.

Nancy's nurse at the time is Pam in the background. Nancy was able to find some comfort on her side. You'll note dad in the foreground- I think he did upwards of 30 Sudoku puzzles that day.


This was after they wheeled Nancy out to get ready for the C-section and Will was the patiently waiting, soon-to-be daddy. They came and got him just before they got Eva out.

FINALLY- Will pulled some strings to get the baby to Nancy. She was dying to have the chance to hold her.
And here's the happy new family! They are doing very well and get to go home today (Tuesday)!


Here is the little whiteboard from their first room where we took down everyone's guesses for time and/or weight. Ellie came in champion with only 11 minutes off the time (and that was hours before they decided to do a C-section!). And Melissa was closest to weight. Actually, ater Eva lost the first couple of ounces, Mel's guess was right on at 7 lbs. 11 oz. You can see her official stats at the top left of the board.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Awww...Thanks for the pictures. I almost cried when I saw the one of Nancy holdng Eva.
And that's funny about your Dad doing Sudoku. I tried it for the first time when I was in the hopital for Heidi and have been addicted since!
Shirley

Ellie said...

yes! I was the champion! Thanks for the pix.

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting these pics! I am so glad she's here, and a week old now! Love you.

Becky said...

Nice pictures Robin! Yeah for family! Love ya, Becky

Melissa said...

Thanks for more pics. I'd already left to take my cranky one home when Will got them to bring Eva in to Nancy... Glad you got some pics. :)