Thursday, February 26, 2009

Memorial for Dad

No, he's not dead. (Thank goodness!!!) But, yes, his beloved clip-on sunglasses had their final hurrah today. After an evening game of, you guessed it, 10,000 dad got up and revealed to those present (mom and me) that his faithful friend had perished in his shirt pocket. I suggested we hold a memorial for them and express our gratitude for the protection they gave to his eyeballs. But instead mom and I each took a half and hung them in the middle of our own glasses and danced around looking like Koala's at a Grecian Urn festival. I think they enjoyed it. Now, let us all have a moment of silence for father's former protective eye wear and ponder on the many times we saw them in all their glory.

...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That's hilarious! I loved seeing you yesterday.

Melissa said...

What? No photo-documentation??? I feel deprived... and saddened for their loss. Any replacements yet?

Becky said...

What fun! I hope he gets new ones because he just wouldn't be himself if Dad didn't have clip on somethings. :) Love ya!